With its ambition to be the world’ s leading nucleus for innovative smart city and smart stadium solutions, the Amsterdam ArenA Innovation Center (AAIC) offers effective resources for research, development and education. The Innovation Center supports global leading players in creating their newest innovations for smart experience and smarter living environments on a global scale.
The opening ceremony of the Amsterdam ArenA Innovation Center marked the kick-off of the Amsterdam Smart City Week, a four-day event that highlights innovations in the field of mobility, accessibility, energy, sustainability, connectivity and the fans’ experience.
We are living in a new era of ecological changes impacting the way cities are evolving. Close to Amsterdam, the ArenA Stadium is part of a fast growing urban area, providing an inspiring living lab for Smart City innovation; Like almost every stadium in the world the ArenA is closely connected to the heart of a vibrant City hosting large crowds around matches and events; It’ s a Living Lab enabling rapid development, testing and demonstration of smart applications and solutions. It’s the stage to perform unprecedented innovation.
The Amsterdam ArenA Innovation Center has been established to be the Dutch Innovation Hub; Its mission is to accelerate the creation and market introduction of new unique smart City applications to improve profitability, sustainability, safety and customer experience.
We have Policies in place to deliver effective innovation power to our partners and clients enabling them to engage the global market with new Smart City and Smart Stadium solutions
The Amsterdam ArenA Innovation Center Enables & Support breakthrough Innovation through:
• Its transparent ways of working (i.e. the Rules of Engagement),
• Leading edge information and communications technology and services
• Business and governance guiding principles
• Excellence in execution of projects
• Access to a global market.
The Amsterdam ArenA Innovation Center (AAIC) will focus on the following themes;
• Customer Experience: Maximizing the experience of customers in the city as well as at home or abroad.
• Mobility & Crowds: Fulfill mobility needs of individuals as well as crowds in city centers and venue’s.
• Safety & Security: Undisturbed security with respect for privacy in city centers and at big events.
• Sustainability & Energy: renewables, circular economy, waste management, energy storage, smart grids, electric vehicles.
• Urban Farming & Food: small scale local food production, healthy bites and everything around cultivation and maintenance of green and turf in urban environments.